the411;

My photo
honolulu, HI, United States

8.09.2008

Artistic: Olympics

Yesterday was 8/8/08, which chinese consider to be a very lucky day. (8 = lucky number. So naturally three 8's would be really, really, really lucky.) Anything lucky happen to you today? :D

I watched the opening ceremonies last night for the Olympics. (I love watching it, almost more than watching the actual games. XD)
And the first thing I noticed was the the Chinese Olympics were a lot more artistic...no joke! o-o
And they sure used their mass numbers well, haha! There were a shitload of Chinese participating in that, and they were doing all sorts of greatly stereotypically Asian things...creating crazy complicated murals with their bodies, performances so in-sync that you weren't surprised in the slightest that a bunch of Asian's were performing it...and they were wearing odd, stylistic outfits (you know, the odd styles Asian's are well-known for? See 'harajuku' or 'kogal')
Not to mention the hilariously awesome torch lighting ceremony at the end... heh.

But seriously, it was uber artistic, and pretty sweet. : ]

o, and Phelps is a freakin' mermaid or something, I swear. D: HOSHIT.


& am I the only one who feels really dumb when I see a nation and realize I have NOO IDEA they exsited before? D: Gah I feel so dumb and uneducated.. D':

Beach Volleyball...I never knew that was an Olympic sport. XD I am amused.

& in other news, I've been doodling some more.
I've been wanting a pet dog (A Welsh Corgi, a Shiba Inu or a German Shepherd) for awhile now...so I decided to doodle some dogs...since I can't have one IRL, I'll just draw them till I get one. >3

* I took a picture of it, because I am too lazy to turn on my mom's computer and scan it. >>;

Ohh, I added a imeem playlist to the left. I'll be adding more songs and such, but yea. Enjoy!? : ]

No comments: